Commercial Greenhouse Construction
What is a greenhouse?
A greenhouse, also known as a glasshouse is a building with walls made of glass and a glass roof. Greenhouses are used to grow plants and flowers in an artificial setting that creates a conducive environment for their growth. Its temperature, fans, misting systems, fogging systems and cooling systems can be controlled.
Benefits of a greenhouse:
- Fresh greens, fruits and flowers all year long
- Ability to control the environment settings within the greenhouse to ensure plants grow
- Protection against droughts, winds and other natural occurrences
- Pest control and protection against animals and invasive plant species
- Ability to grow and cultivate exotic plants
- Commercial profitability compared to traditional cultivation
- Simple and cost-effective maintenance
Materials and supplies for greenhouse construction:
- Glass walls and roof
- Crop wires
- Support materials- wood, iron, aluminum, galvanized steel
- Plastic films and rigid plastics
What is a commercial green house?
A commercial greenhouse helps in cultivating crops for commercial use/ consumption. These greenhouses use high technology that are specifically fitted for the growth of the intended crops. These greenhouses have a transparent roof to let sunlight in or have a special lighting system to act as artificial sunlight. Heaters and coolers are used to control the greenhouse temperature. They are generally larger than domestic greenhouses and require stronger filters and systems.
How to build a commercial greenhouse?
- Decide the location- A sunny spot that is large enough to cultivate the number of crops should be identified. The plot should not be in an extremely windy area. Even though a greenhouse is built to withstand any natural accidents, it is wise to keep the greenhouse away from such zones as much as possible.
- Dimensions and foundations- the dimensions are based on the size of plot and the number of plants to be grown. This will further decide the types of misting, fogging and cooling systems required. The foundation will determine the right structure of the greenhouse and it is important to build a strong foundation.
- Set up walls, sheets and roof- the walls and roof of a greenhouse are generally made of glass and allow a free flow of natural sunlight into the greenhouse to facilitate the growth of plants.
- Finishing touches can be added in the form of aesthetic features that add to the external appearance of the greenhouse.
An automated greenhouse is a type of greenhouse control system that uses sensors to monitor and measure the run-off. It can control the heating, cooling, fogging and misting systems externally using sensors and monitors to control and create the right environment for the plants to grow. An automated greenhouse does not require constant monitoring of factors and is much less time consuming to maintain on a day-to-day basis.
Cost of greenhouse construction in India:
Greenhouse cultivation has shown to be more profitable than traditional cultivation in India due to the various benefits of a greenhouse. The cost varies based on the size, features, systems and other factors involved. Its best to get in touch with the team members to get an exact quote based on all these factors.